Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Problem with your DELL laptop showing the Modular Bay error message?


Problem with your DELL laptop showing the Modular Bay error message?

Problem with your DELL laptop showing the Modular Bay error message?
Since I have discover the problem on the DELL Inspiron laptops, I am shocked that people have faced the same problem as I do too. Some said, they have changed or updated the version of the BIOS as well as some complains on one of the forum in [ www.techspot.com/vb/topic86568.html ] . People are searching the solution with the Modular Bay error problem, and yet there were no answer for this matter. The error message is written as below:

"The Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified. It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem. Please read and complete the following steps."

1. Press the device completely and firmly into the bay.
2. Press the ESC-key -- wait for the system to power down.
3. Press the power button to retry detecting the device.

Else, it might look as same as figure below that I have taken from one of my client.


In what mine scenario that had caused this error occur, since my client requested for upgrading the capacity of the physical memory module (RAM) for 512MB to 2GB. After a few minutes of troubleshoot, I have came out with a solution that it might be working for you or might not either. Hopefully, it working for everyone who have the same problem, that you might be cannot get rip of those ignoring error message as well as asking user to press F1, F2 and etc.
The solution steps are as follows:
  1. Once you see the above figure modular bay error, RESTART your laptop.
 

2. Then, press F2 to enter the BIOS mode like figure below.

 

4. Choose the "Modular Bay Devices" in selection just like figure above shown.

 

5. Inside the "Modular Bay Devices" section, you need to turn OFF the modular bay function,
just like figure below.

 

6. Then, press ESC and select "Save/Exit" to exit the BIOS setup mode as like figure below.

 

7. Then, restart the laptop and check once again whether the system will logon to the windows,
as it does usually.

14 comments:

  1. It does not have "Modular Bay Devices" under "Onboard Devices" on my computer. I was looking for it everywhere on BIOS. I did not see it.
    Thanks for quick help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u it worked like magic :-)
    I am going to submit my invoice now.
    T-Man South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a latitude D600 and once I pressed F2, on the top left corner it says "Preparing to enter setup" but it just enters the message again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having the same problem with Dell Inspiron 1525 this suggestion sadly did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did what u mentioned exactly, it is now looping in booting sequence. any more bright idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worked perfectly on a Dell Inspiron Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. having that same problem but worst my dell laptop its brightness is dark i cant see what ive reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have same problem....When i click on f2 button again that screen appear again ...f2 is not working ...bio menu not opening..why>>??

    ReplyDelete
  9. my lap top dell latitude c510

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post, your information is really very useful for Dell users. If you need technical support from skilled technician, then Contact Dell Customer Support Telephone Number 800-014-8285.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine with this nagging problem is Dell Vostro 1500. I have tried to go to BIOS settings and I was able to locate he Modular Bay Device and even turned it off. However, on restating, the screen remained black despite showing the initial stages of booting. I even heard the Windows start sound but I can see nothing and the system is running. Any one with a solved similar problem? Thanks

    ReplyDelete